Thursday, October 29, 2009

It's a boy.....

I haven't mentioned this before. My brother's wife and I were five days apart in our pregnancies. So now she is pregnant and I am not. I haven't seen her. I'm actually dreading it. But it's not her fault. It is nobody's fault what happened to Hannah. It just really hurts. But my point in mentioning this was actually to say they are having a boy. I am very thankful the baby is a boy. He will always be a reminder to me of what I am missing with Hannah, but if he were a girl I think it would be harder.

I don't understand why this happened. It seems like the past few days I have kind of coasted past my emotions, keeping myself and my mind busy with other things. But now I am wallowing in this sorrow, trying not to let it consume me. It always does.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katy,
    This is your cousin Leslie. I went to see Grandma today and just found out about your tragic loss. I know that this may seem shallow because I haven't seen or spoken to you in years but I am so very sorry that you and your family have had to suffer through this. I know that words are of little or no comfort, but I do want you to know that I am here if you need me. You and your family have always been in my prayers and I will always love you. I'm sure I will never understand your pain, but I have had a miscarriage before and I do know how heartbreaking it is. Still, I'm sure Hannah is looking down from heaven with a smile on her face knowing how much you love her and miss her. If you ever need or just want to talk you can email me or call me anytime. My email is amaya_ryuu2702@yahoo.com and my number is 828-885-2387.
    Love your cousin,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, I hope that you are feeling a little better today. I know it's harder some days than others. It is a blessing to see what Hannah's life is doing for others, and it is a joy to know that the next family (and tragically there will be more families like ours) they will at least have a chance at compassion during their time of loss. You and Hannah are making big difference in so many lives.

    ReplyDelete