Monday, December 14, 2009

Many Blessings

I am truly blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful and thoughtful women. Yesterday my husband and I had a wonderful couple over who we met at our bereavement group. We have quickly become great friends and I am very thankful for this friendship and this bond. In my heart I feel this friendship was made first in Heaven by our two little girls. They gave us this beautiful water globe. It is engraved saying, "Hannah Katherine Larsen, Born in Heaven, 9/21/2009". The pictures do it absolutely no justice. It even lights up and plays "The Lord is my Shepard". Thank you so much!



Then I get the mail today and am greeted with three wonderful surprises! Jeanette over at The Lazy Seamstress made me this beautiful heart! Since it has a string I have added it to my Christmas tree! Thank you so much, Jeanette!



I also received the ornament I won in 25 Days of Giveaways! It was handmade by Lea at Nicholas' Touch. Thank you so much, Lea! It is absolutely beautiful!




Last, but certainly not least, a sweet surprise from my new friend Andrea over at Life, Love & Persuit of our Fairytale... I have found great support and friendship in her and really appreciate the beautiful wings she made for my daughter. I have placed them on the Christmas tree as well. Thank you so much Andrea!



This has been the most difficult part of my life journey, losing Hannah. I am very thankful for the love and support of so many amazing women. The road is not as lonely traveling it together.

7 comments:

  1. Katy,

    So happy you received Hannah's wings, as I know earthly gifts do not repair a broken heart, but knowing your loved does help. We are all so blessed to be holding hands in honor of our babies.

    The water globe is gorgeous and what a sweet gesture of love. And, the little heart from Jeannette is so touching. Lastly, congrats on winning Leah's hand painted ornament, its beautiful and so personal.

    Looking at how other baby lost Mom's have remembered you at this time warms my heart. It reiterates to me that "Through the Storm, You Do Not Walk Alone"

    Hugs and thank you for the sweet words...and my ear is always open.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy,
    Thank you for following my blog and I apologize i could not find your blog until Andrea lead me to you! I am so sorry for your loss of Hannah and my prayers are with you. This community of lovely ladies is amazing and you have received some really beautiful gifts, thank you for sharing! I am glad we have our Andrea in common :) Take care, sending hugs, Nan xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katy, I'm so glad my little heart arrived safely, and in time to hang on your tree too! You have received some beautiful gifts. This community is a gift in itself isn't it? Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful. Can't imagine not having found all you other babylost mothers for support and kindness and understanding. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy, reading this sent chills through me. I am so so so thankful for God's blessing you with so many wonderful women and families to offer love and support. I do agree, this community of families are all tied together by our grief, but not only that. I really feel that we are creating friendships for our children in Heaven as we connect with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful. Thank you for sharing your blog with me on the FB Share page. I will add you to the list of loss moms I check in on now. So very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe our friendship was made in heaven first too. Thank you so very much again for Raine's beautiful memory box. Like Andrea says above, earthly gifts do not repair a broken heart, but it's a way to honor and remember our loved babies. It means so much to know we are not alone. I have been thinking and praying for you.
    Love,
    Renata

    ReplyDelete