Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas.....

Tomorrow is a special day. The day Jesus was born. I know it is not going to be an easy day for many of us, but I wish you all peace and joy and pray for the comfort that only God can bring.

There are a couple of random things that I would just like to share as well. First, this amazing quote that I heard on an episode of Criminal Minds of all places, that really struck a chord with me. It's author is Washington Irving and I just think it is absolutely beautiful.

“There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love.”

Isn't that amazing? Our tears are strength. Our love is so incredibly deep.

Another thing I would like to share is this article on God during the loss of your child. It addresses so many of the feelings we go through and the place of God in each of them. I was very glad I stumbled across this and would just like to share if anyone was interested.

http://www.forgottengrief.com/Godbaby.html

Again I wish you all a Merry Christmas and many blessings. I feel truly blessed and thankful to have met so many wonderful women to share this difficult path with.

9 comments:

  1. Katy, thank you so much for sharing that quote. It is so powerful and so true. I never looked at it quite like that. I will check out that link. Hoping your Christmas is merry and sweet.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a beautiful Christmas and know that you are in my prayers. That site is wonderful. I need to spend time there reading more of it.
    God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard that quote during the episode and thought it was beautiful. I am happy you shared it on here. I used to think of tears as weakness, but now I look at them as strength. You are right, our love is incredibly deep.

    Wishing you a peaceful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy,

    I love the quote and "they do speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues"

    Also, I'm glad you posted about God and losing our babies. Oddly, I never blamed "him" for losing Christian and wondered what was wrong with me that I never felt that anger. However, I suppose I did displace blame by way of other avenues. The link you share helps to explain grief and our thought process and reiterates that we all grieve so differently. Thank you for the link :)

    I pray that you have a nice Christmas and enjoy Bobby, while honoring sweet Hannah. Today is bittersweet for many, including myself....may we all remember the real meaning of Christ-mas and remember the sweet Baby Jesus as he lay in the manger.

    Hugs,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quote - thank you for sharing it with us. Wishing you peace and love during the Christmas season and remembering Hannah with you. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy, I hope you had a Merry Christmas!! That is a beautiful quote...like some of the other mamas I always thought of tears as a sign of weakness, but a tear shows emotion and our babies bring out our emotions so it really makes sense. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing the article

    ReplyDelete