Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Comfort for God's People

I read the most amazing thing yesterday. It was an interpretation of Isaiah 40, essentially, verse 1, Comfort, comfort my people, says your God.

Comfort for God's People. We are all God's people.

How does one otherwise begin such a ministry of sorrow had they not first experienced it themselves? Trained to learn that heartache to ease that very same heartache in someone else. Maybe God teaches some of us this path to lessen the ache on another who's path is the same.

I have found great comfort myself in reaching out to others and trying to help them through the very same thing I am going through.

Maybe Hannah's sweet spirit is a spirit of comfort itself.

5 comments:

  1. I've found comfort in helping others too. I think that is some of the good that God brings out in grief. We learn to be more compassionate and giving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thomas Jefferson once said, "Who better to softly bind up the wound of one, than he who has suffered the same wound himself?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog through Holly's and I wanted to say how very sorry you are walking this journey too. I too have an angel that was born sleeping.

    I think what you did for Holly was very amazing and you are honoring your angel every day God Bless You

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got chills when I read what you said about Hannah's spirit, just thinking it again I get chills. That's it Katy! What a wonderful blessing to find the essence of your baby girl's spirit. To know that she was born to bring comfort... it's a beautiful spirit she has, and you are honoring her so much just by reaching out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this thought. A friend of mine had a miscarriage this month, and as strange as it may sound, I'm thankful that at least one of her friends knows what that pain feels like, even if it is me...

    ReplyDelete