Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hope

Verse 3 from, O Love That Will Not Let Me Go.....

                 O Joy that seekest me through pain,
                 I cannot close my heart to thee;
                 I trace the rainbow through the rain,
                 And feel the promise is not vain,
                 That morn shall tearless be.
 
That is hope in its most genuine form. To find that joy through your pain, even IN your pain. To not shut it out. To not push it away. To see the rainbow behind the clouds. I imagine looking at the sky, physically tracing those beautiful colors of hope with my finger.....it almost becomes tangible. To feel God's promise washing over you, knowing none of your suffering has been in vain. Knowing it all has a purpose. Knowing in the morning, someday, your tears will dry.

On another note, my family could use some prayers in another area of our journey.....
http://faithandarainbow.blogspot.com/2010/01/direction.html

Thank you, everyone --- for all of your wonderful comments and emails and love.

4 comments:

  1. Will keep my prayers for you. Always hold on to hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy I came upon your blog through a friend's blog. I read your story about Hannah's birth. I am so sorry that you had to go through your loss in that way. It has been 1 month since I sent my little angel back to heaven and I honestly do not know where I would be if I had been through your experience. I struggle just to breath every day, but I do. I had a great delivery team and hospital who were very compassionate to my every need. Your are an amazing person and so strong! I hope that I too will be able to bring some hope into the lives of women who have been through our very situation. For now I am trying to focus on my health and family, but someday I want the strength to be able do what your are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very true, thank you for sharing. Keeping you in my prayers xoxoo
    PS - did you know we both have a weeping cherry tree?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy,

    Just wanted to drop by and let you know that I am thinking of you, as I know this is a dificult time. Know that I'm sending love and sunshine your way today and always.

    Remembering Hannah ALWAYS
    Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete