Sunday, January 3, 2010

Thank You Hannah.....Introducing Austin.....

1 Peter 1:6-8 (New Living Translation)

6 So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. 7 These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.

8 You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy.

I thought I would share this incredibly powerful message from Peter. It really makes me think back on the many trials I have faced and how each in their own way has changed me. Then I think of the precious life of my sweet Hannah and how this trial, this test, this hardship has TRANSFORMED me. I am not just changed. I am unrecognizable. In a good way. In a wonderfully magnificent and glorious way. Thank you, Baby Girl. Thank you.

I also want to introduce to you my new friend Meredith. She has created a blog in remembrance of her sweet Angel, Austin Thomas, who left this earth on June 17, 2009. Please visit her at Forever Changed to read Austin's story, follow her journey and send her some love and hope.

I pray the New Year is off to a good start for each of you.

6 comments:

  1. Hannah has changed many lives and continues to do so. She truly is a gift from God and a great blessing to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these verses. They give me purpose after Jenna died to press on and not to trust our sight but our God. Sending you *big* HUGS and I am thankful too for the fight all of our angels made to change our lives forever.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful verse *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful verses and promises! Thank you for sharing them and reminding me that I am not alone=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy,
    This is your cousin, Melinda, I was a grandma's house last week and she shared your story with me. I am so so sorry for your loss, I was broken hearted reading about how uncaring and cold the people at the hospital were. I am really proud of you for expressing your grief and celebrating Hannah the way you have, though. I am also glad to see by reading on here further that God is using this suffering in your life to produce good, sometimes that's the only solace. I wanted to tell you that I will definitely join you in honoring and remembering little Hannah Katherine. My son, Eli turned one on September 21st so I will never forget, and I will celebrate them both that day. I pray God will give you his comfort, and continue to strengthen and change you for the better through all this rain.

    ReplyDelete